If you love cooking in the kitchen or just want to update your kitchen with a new design, you’ll be glad to know that you have plenty of options. If you wish to go with a sleek, modern design or a more classic one, there are plenty of ways to make your kitchen look like a chef’s dream.
Modern Kitchen Design
Adding a modern design is one of the best ways to spruce up your kitchen. It can be as simple as a new paint job or as complex as a complete remodel. There are many ways to modernize your kitchen, but they all have things in common. Modern designs tend to feature the following:
- A monochromatic colour palette – Greys, black, navy and white are popular. Still, neutral features such as wood, metal and stone can also enhance the feeling of modernity. In particular, metal fittings and fixtures are trendy right now. This could mean installing stainless steel counters, appliances, and hardware, such as sinks and handles.
- Minimalism: Modernism also values spacious rooms and clean-cut lines. This can be achieved by focusing on decor with simple symmetrical or straight-lined designs.
- Lighting: Modernism tends to focus on the natural characteristics of a space, embracing as much natural lighting as possible, such as by creating bigger window spaces.
Of course, there’s no need to contain yourself with these rules. Many go for bright and bold colours to complement other modern features. If you need help finding the right design for your kitchen, consider hiring professional kitchen remodelling services. The best home builders don’t just consider style; they also ensure that the design is practical for your needs.
These types of designs can be era or regionally-specific. They bring out the raw characteristics of the home by focusing on capturing the structure’s authenticity. For instance, this might be Victorian architecture or the Cornish cottage aesthetic. This can be achieved by adding features unique to these times or places. For instance:
- Unique storage and layouts: Victorian design often featured the ornate, layered and eccentric. You can hone in on this with your spacing and layout. For instance, by adding layered shelving or corner storage spaces.
- Bold cabinet design: Another way to go is with bold and unique cabinetry on your cabinets, such as charcoal or chalk-painted finishes.
- Backsplash bliss: You should also consider your backsplash and tiling. This can really bring a design together and make a statement. Some might opt for traditional tiling, while others wooden panelling, marble or mirror effects.
If you need help starting your journey, we have a range of kitchen remodelling services, from design services to help you get the best home builders for the job.